The majority of municipalities and Regional Districts have dog licencing requirements. All dogs must be licenced by 6 months of age, although some require a licence at 4 months.
There are many costs associated with animal control and the purchase of your yearly dog licence helps to offset these costs. Hopefully you will never need these services but if you do, we are here.
Some of the services your licence helps to fund;
- 24hr emergency on call staff
- A safe place for a lost dog to be taken to if an owner cannot be found
- A safe place for your pet to come if you have an emergency such as a car accident, fire or other unexpected crisis
- Information hub where you can get advice on pet behavior issues.
- A safe place for unwanted animals to go until they can be re homed.
Dog licence fees must be renewed every January.